Snoring can be a really disruptive and annoying thing to try and deal with, no matter who you are or how much patience that you may have for the people that you love the most. Whether you’re dealing with your own snoring or that of others, it is a good idea to consider how you can get it under control more easily. How can you say goodbye to snoring? Here are some tips that you can use to get the snoring problem to something that is a little more manageable.
- Prop yourself up a bit. If you snore, laying flat isn’t going to do you any favors. Propping yourself up opens your airway a bit, allowing you to breathe more easily and, thus, preventing snoring from being even more problematic for you and those who are sleeping in the same spaces as you.
- Take an antihistamine. Clearing up your nasal passages can go a long way when you’re trying not to snore. Take an antihistamine in order to breathe more easily, thus reducing how much that you’re snoring.
- Lose some weight. Sometimes, being overweight makes it harder for you to breathe as you’re lying down. Losing weight, especially around your neck and upper chest, can help you to breathe a little more easily.
- Consider getting an anti-snoring device. There are nasal strips that you can use, mouth guards that you can wear, and a number of other things that you can try in order to make sure that your snoring is under control. These are usually affordable and, more often than not, it will make it easier for you to sleep through the night as well.
- Get tested for sleep apnea. If snoring is still a huge problem, you may be dealing with something that is known as sleep apnea. Sleep apnea means that the upper part of your throat is being clogged by something, thus making it harder to breathe (and likely causing snoring). If you have sleep apnea, treating it can help with your snoring issue.